These trusts manage properties more professionally than landlords who own and manage their own properties.
Real Estate Investment Trusts will significantly contribute to shaping the landscape of real estate investments in the UAE, and soon after, in the region. Real Estate Investment Trusts’ ability to raise funds, both locally and globally, will bring in more liquidity into the UAE’s real estate market, particularly Dubai and Abu Dhabi, thus allowing the cities to reap from the benefits from reits.
Dubai and Abu Dhabi have been on the radar for many international property investors and funds, however, entry to the market meant setting up local offices to manage and run potential property investments. With access to publicly traded reits, it gives the benefit of investing in the country’s real estate market without worrying about operating properties.
Speaking of operations, generally, real estate investment trusts manage properties more professionally than landlords who own and manage their own properties. Real Estate Investment Trusts professional management teams plan and analyse long and short term strategies, focusing on maintaining a healthy cash flows, and maximising property value.
For investors, the benefits are plenty:
- Immediate Diversification. Instead of being exposed to one class of asset with a single property investment (residential; commercial; industrial. etc), investing in reits allows for diversification.
- Professionally managed investments. Professional management allow for more stable investments in a volatile market. According to a recent article, Emirates REIT’s asset value increased by 1.5% between end of October and end of February despite overall market declines.
- Faster liquidity. For investors investing smaller amounts, in many cases, it is faster to sell shares in a reit than sell a single property.
- Transparency: Clear and transparent information related to the performance of the assets.
- Ability to own high quality assets: it is possible to invest in high quality assets which may have been out of budget due to their ticket size.
- Invest in small amounts. Average property price in UAE is out of budget for many residents, particularly arranging for a down payment. People may now invest in the market at their own pace, deciding their own budgets.
- Fees: Investing in reits allows for avoidance of property acquisition fees for stock buyers when compared with direct property purchase (which are around 6% in Dubai excluding potential additional VAT fees).
2017 will witness the announcement of additional real estate investment trusts, and perhaps the announcement of an additional reit going public. Emirates NBD real estate investment trust launched its stocks at Nasdaq Dubai in March 2017. Emirates REIT has been trading at Nasdaq for several years as well, and has been doing well for investors.
According to Property Time, Fadi Nwilati is the CEO of Kaizen Asset Management Services, the property manager for several of Emirates REIT’s properties since 2012. Fadi believes in the successful example that Emirates REIT set for the market, which opened the way for other reits.
It is with great honor that we share with you the news that KAIZEN Asset Management Services was presented with the BEST EMPLOYER IN REAL ESTATE award by His Excellency Sultan Butti bin Mejren, Director General of Dubai Land Department at the region’s first Gulf Real Estate Awards, 17th April. KAIZEN Asset Management Services were honored in front of nearly 300 real estate leaders at the largest, most prestigious, real estate gathering in the region.
By employing the best individuals in the industry, KAIZEN AMS was able to offer the best quality of service to our clients. Our highly dedicated and extremely professional team has provided excellent service as well as advanced our relationships both internally and externally. It has improved and strengthened the family bond among us all. The award further strengthens our ability to attract the finest real estate professionals in the region and is testament to the excellent team we already have in place. At KAIZEN, we strive for the pursuit of continuous improvement and this award is the culmination of our efforts in pushing the limits of what property companies can achieve for their clients.
KAIZEN AMS has always improved by going above and beyond for its employees and provided the best overall working environment. Our company values employee development, on the same level that it values productivity and business growth. The company places high levels of importance on corporate culture and a happy and healthy work environment. Senior management ensures that its employees are a t the heart of the company’s success.
KAIZEN AMS pledge to hold the honor of being the best employers, and to employ our best abilities for the benefit of our clients and the industry.
We very much look forward to proving what an exceptional team we have in place and how our achievements ultimately benefit our clients.
With warm regards,
Fadi Nwilati – CPA, CGMA
CEO, KAIZEN AMS
Our mother company was founded in 2006 by real estate experts with 32 years of international experience in property management, asset management, owners association management, facility management and development management.
KAIZEN AMS was borne of the demand for a superior quality niche property service, whose core function is to provide an elite service and exceptional customer service.
- PropertyTime.ae – Feature Article – Fadi Nwilati on Real Estate Investment Trust
- KAIZEN AMS Wins Best Employer in Real Estate at Gulf’s Premier Real Estate Awards
- Should Land Owners Develop Their Plots?
- PropertyTime.ae – Feature Article – Fadi Nwilati on Dubai Water Canal
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Homeowners Association Management
- About US
- Contact Us
- Development Management
- Enabling Works and Tender
- Facility Mangement
- Handover Services
- Hard and Soft Services
- Investment Advisory
- Issuing of Title Deeds
- KAIZEN Asset Management Services
- KAIZEN Emergency Contact Directory
- Mall & Retail Management
- Marketing & Leasing
- News & Events
- Our Portfolio
- Owners Association Management
- Procurement System
- Project Leasing
- Project Management
- Property Management
- Refund Policy
- Snagging and Inspection
- Terms and Conditions